Belcarra Community Co-Op Society Ltd is fully committed to adhering to the General Data Protection Regulations and to respecting your privacy rights. This privacy statement sets out how we process personal data and information that you give to us. We are committed to protecting your personal information. You are not required to provide us with personal data unless you wish to avail of our services, receive updates about our work or wish to support our fundraising efforts.
This privacy statement explains:
- Who we are and why we collect your personal data
- For how long we hold your data and who receives it
- How you may request the personal data we store about you
- Who to contact about data protection issues in our organisation
Who we are and what we do
Belcarra Community Co-Op Society Ltd, we provide a group water scheme service to our members in the Belcarra area. This privacy notice is aimed at individuals who avail of our services or who volunteer with us at our meetings and through our fundraising events.
Data we collect
We collect personal data that identifies you as an individual. We do this when you have provided us with information and consented for its use in your interest and for the purposes set out in this privacy statement. The personal information we collect includes your name, postal address, email address and telephone number and data that enables you to make meaningful choices about the services we offer, volunteering opportunities and fundraising activities. In collecting and processing your data we are committed to:
- Putting you in control of your privacy and providing you with clear choices
- Being transparent about how we collect and use your data
- Securely protecting the data your entrust to us and data processors used by us, using appropriate organisational and technical measures
- Adhering to data protection laws
When you subscribe to our newsletter, visit our website or fill our contact forms you consent to the use of that information as set out in this statement.
If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter or wish to withdraw consent to being contacted by us, please do so by sending an email to email@example.com with ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ in the message subject line or click the unsubscribe links contained in our newsletters and in our marketing and fundraising emails.
The personal data that you provide us with will only be used for the purpose for which it has been originally obtained or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements as appropriate.
We will not share the personal data you provide with third parties for marketing or fundraising purposes or store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area.
We may collect legally obtained information from third parties and add this information to our user databases. This information will be only be collected and used to help us to fulfil our services to clients.
Individuals have a responsibility to ensure that any emails including attachments that they send us must be within the bounds of the law. Unsolicited content or mail of a criminal nature will be reported to the relevant authorities and blocked.
Why we collect data
Any personal information that you provide will only be used for the purposes for which it has been provided and reasonable incidental purposes only. It will be treated with the highest standards of confidentiality and security and in strict accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. Belcarra Community Co-Op Society Ltd uses your information to provide you with the most suitable services or related services that you wish avail of or access. Your information will not be passed onto third parties, except where necessary to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
By providing your personal information and where you have agreed to receiving communications from us, we may use your personal data to:
- It provides a Water supply and aims to provide service and assistance to the Community.
- Send out information about upcoming events for volunteers
- Improve the level of services that we provide
How long we hold data
The length of time we hold your data will depend on the purposes for which we obtained it. We will only hold this data for as long as we deem necessary.
Services users: We only hold data for as long as the person/ householder is a member of the scheme.
Volunteers: We hold information for as long as a person is willing to volunteer for our organisation.
We will take appropriate legal, organisational and technical measures to protect your personal information and use a variety of security measures and procedures to safeguard your data against unauthorised access, disclosure or use. We cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to our website. Transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will employ appropriate technical measures to protect your personal data.
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on other websites you visit.
Our website may use technology called “cookies”. This is a small text file that is placed on your device by a server and allows websites or mobile applications to respond to you as an individual. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Please refer to your internet browser instructions to specify your cookie preferences. If you decline cookie features, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features on our website.
We automatically collect information about browser type and operating system, pages you visit and your Internet Protocol addresses through Google Analytics. We do so, to help us to better understand how website visitors use our web site so that we can improve the user experience. This information is aggregated, providing us with data about the total number of visitors to our website and the total number of visitors to each page. Individual users are not typically identified through these analytics.
Children’s Privacy Protection
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy online. This website is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children aged 16 years or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 16 years.
Respecting your rights
We are committed to upholding your rights as an individual. These rights include:
- Right of access – the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Right of rectification – the right to correct data we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Right to erasure – in certain circumstances, you can request information we hold about you to be erased from our records. This will be done in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Right to restriction of data processing – in certain circumstances, you have a right to restrict the processing of data. This will be done in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Right of portability – The right of data portability applies to data that we process automatically provided to us by you and that we are processing based on your consent or to fulfil a contract.
- Right to object – You have a right to object to certain types of data processing such as direct marketing.
To make a personal data request, please use the contact point for us listed in this privacy statement.
Who to contact about data protection issues
If you wish to contact us regarding data protection issues or to make a personal data request, you may do so via the following options:
Email your enquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone your enquiry to: 0949032880
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is processed by us or how your data processing complaint has been handled by us, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority. The contact details for the Data Protection Commissioner’s office is as follows:
This privacy statement was last updated on 24/05/18.
This is a live document and is subject to regular review. We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time. We encourage you to review this privacy statement each time you visit our website.
- Post: Office of the Data Protection Commissioner. Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23, Ireland.
- Telephone: +353 (0761) 104 800; LoCall 1890 25 22 31
- Email: email@example.com